Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Pin It

Spring DIY

Have I a sweet treat for you. Sweet Ashley over from Mister G and Me is sharing a  spring DIY with all of you today. She is just the sweetest thing and has the best tutorials over on her blog. You need to mosey on over there after you're done taking some tips from her here. 
so without further adieu Meet Ashley...
Hi!  I'm Ashley from Mister G and Me, a creative blog filled with craft tutorials, DIY projects, and delicious recipes.  Blogging aside, I'm a wife, dog mama, Etsy shop owner, and yoga teacher.  I love making new friends and would love to get to know you!  Come visit my blog and say hi!  

Reading Nat's blog is such a bright part of my day-- so I was totally honored when she asked me to share a craft on Take the Cannoli!  Today I am going to show you how to make a really cute (and easy) headband that is perfect for spring!  I wear mine all the time and get so many compliments.
Supplies:
Silk Flowers
Alligator Clip
Stretchy Headband
Hot glue + Hot Glue Gun
(I bought my flowers and alligator clips at Michael's and my headbands at Target)

Pop your flower off the stem. 

Then disassemble the petals until you get to the "core" of the flower.
Take your hot glue gun and put a bead of glue on the base of the flower "core".  Attach the next petal to the core and continue glueing the flower back together.  If you have any excess stem (I didn't) you can trim it so the back of the flower is flat.  Put a strip of hot glue on the alligator clip and a bead of glue on the back of your flower and press together.  Make sure the part of the clip that will attach to your headband is centered on the flower.  When the glue dries, clip your flower to your headband and get ready to turn some heads! 
You can clip three flowers to your headband or just one!
Happy crafting!  xo, Ashley

Hi, Nat here! Easy peasy right? Thank you so much for taking the time to share with my readers Ashley, you're the best. Hope you're all inspired to get your craft on! Happy Thursday!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That's really cute! I need to make this! Looks so simple!

Autumn said...

ahhh...how cute is this? i love headbands!(especially on crazy hair days:)

Kristin said...

That is really cute and seems pretty easy, thanks for the idea!

ashleymoranyoga said...

thanks for having me over, Nat! :)